A serious malware item has been identified affecting several major consumer routers.
This threat is called VPNFilter.
This has no impact on services with US Cloud, but if you use any of the following pieces of equipment, then it is recommended you pursue remediation in order to protect yourself.
- Linksys E1200
- Linksys E2500
- Linksys WRVS4400N
- Mikrotik RouterOS for Cloud Core Routers: Versions 1016, 1036, and 1072
- Netgear DGN2200
- Netgear R6400
- Netgear R7000
- Netgear R8000
- Netgear WNR1000
- Netgear WNR2000
- QNAP TS251
- QNAP TS439 Pro
- Other QNAP NAS devices running QTS software
- TP-Link R600VPN
Key actions to protect yourself
- Restart your device and reset to factory defaults if your device is listed above.
- Ensure you have the latest firmware on your device from your manufacturer regardless if your device is listed above or not
- Ensure your router is not configured forremote administration regardless if your device is listed above or not
- Change the default password regardless if your device is listed above or not
Contact the security experts at US Cloud if you have any questions.