St. Louis – AWS Engineer
- Responsible for design, development, and implementation of Cloud solutions.
- Serve as senior technical resource in development team’s efforts to determine the needs of the business that will simplify and automate the applications, as well as make them more efficient.
- Participate in the software development life cycle to ensure sound Cloud solutions are implemented.
- Participate in planning, implementation, and growth of our customer’s Amazon Web Services (AWS) foundational footprint.
- Work closely with our architects and engineers to recommend and design database or data storage solutions that effectively reflect our clients’ business needs, security, and service level requirements
- Work with application and architecture teams to conduct proof of concept (POC) and implement the design in production environment in AWS
- Work with our current application teams and our clients to understand their current applications and make migration recommendations and to-be architectures in AWS
- Migrate clients’ databases from on-premises to AWS using various tools including but not limited to AWS Data Migration Services and AWS Schema Conversion Tool.
- Provide expertise around Business Intelligence (BI) Cloud reporting tools.
- Review coding done to advance application upgrade, extension, or other development. Analyze application for data integrity issues.
- Develop test protocols or plan for testing revised application and review test results.
- Serve as project lead or lead technical staff in course of application development project
- May mentor less experienced technical staff; may use high end development tools to assist or facilitate development process.
- Development of automated solutions to monitor and support our software development and release processes
- U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 8 years of technical professional experience
- Minimum of 3 years of AWS experience
- AWS Associate Level Certification required (Professional desired)
- Experience with programming and infrastructure automation (e.g. Python, Shell, Java, and JSON).
- Experience designing, developing, deploying, testing in AWS architecture
At US Cloud, we believe that the kind of office culture that provides you a challenge and an inspired outlet for creativity has a direct result on our clients’ satisfaction. So, to be the premier managed services and cloud provider, we focus on fostering a happy place for you to thrive. We’re always looking out for talented professionals to help in sales, marketing, engineering, development, and security. You can move quickly through the ranks here, or pivot into a new area of interest. You control your destiny and will make a difference each day as an US Clouder.
Besides medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, life insurance, and disability insurance, we also provide:
- Starbucks iCup Bean-Grinded Coffee Machine (and all the Starbucks you can drink)
- Kindles for all (and all the free Harry Potter or coding books you want)
- Healthy snacks (and occasionally donuts)
- Dogs in the office (cats in the datacenter)
- Gym membership (near your home or by the office)
- Fun monthly events (get to know your team)
- No morning meetings (so you can get stuff done!)
- Tuition assistance (knowledge is power)
- Free parking (to park your ride, not the payout in Monopoly)