AZURE ARCHITECT – ST. LOUIS, MISSOURI – US CLOUD
US Cloud is looking for a highly motivated and passionate Azure Architect to drive high priority customer initiatives on the Microsoft Azure Platform. This role is customer facing and will also serve as an escalation point for Microsoft Azure client support tickets.
We get it. We’ve been there. You’ve gotten really good at your craft, but because of weak leadership, bureaucracy, politics, workload…it’s tough to make a dent. Lost in the noise. Underappreciated.
It’s why most of us came to US Cloud – for the chance to make a substantial, noticeable (and noticed) impact. And because the fun, irreverent culture of taking on an industry heavyweight feeds into our disruptive personalities.
So, if you are really, really good at what you do and want that to matter more, read on…
Our simple mission is to liberate businesses shackled to mediocre, overpriced, and monopolistic Microsoft Support. For over two decades Fpweb.net, CyberVault, and now US Cloud have supported 1,000’s of Microsoft clients in over 80 countries.
Clients like NASA, Cirque Du Soleil, CenturyLink, Bayer, and the US State Department depend on us to underpin their Microsoft environments and keep them running. In other words, when the Help Desk needs help, we’re the ones answering the red phone.
With recent and dramatic changes in Microsoft’s strategy, the demand for high-quality, cost-effective 3rd-party product support has erupted. Like, Mentos & Diet Coke erupted. Simply put, we need more hands on deck to help manage our current growth and to make the most of this intensifying trend.
You will own the Azure infrastructure technical customer engagements providing subject matter expertise including: architectural design sessions, specific implementation projects and/or pilots. The ideal candidate will have experience in customer facing roles and success leading deep technical architecture discussions with senior customer executives, Enterprise Architects, IT Management and Developers to drive core infrastructure solutions and Datacenter migrations. You will also serve as an escalation point for Microsoft Azure client support tickets. As a senior US Cloud engineer, additional duties may include mentorship, leading training sessions, and serving others.
Key Azure Architect responsibilities include:
- Understand customers’ overall infrastructure estate, IT and business priorities and success measures to design implementation architectures and solutions
- Apply technical knowledge and customer insights to create a modernization roadmap and architect solutions to meet business and IT needs, ensuring technical viability of new projects and successful deployments, orchestrating key resources and infusing key infrastructure technologies (e.g. Windows and Linux IaaS, SAP, BCDR, Security, Management, Storage, Networking)
- Develop deep relationships with key customer IT decision makers, who drive long-term cloud adoption within their company to enable them to be cloud advocates
- Maintain and advance deep technical skills and knowledge, keeping up to date with market trends and competitive insights, and share within the technical community
- Be a Voice of Customer to share insights and best practices, connect with Engineering team to remove key blockers
- Be an Azure Platform evangelist with customers, partners and external communities
- Assess the Customers’ knowledge of Azure platform and overall cloud readiness to support customers through a structured learning plan and ensure its delivery through partners
Key Azure Support Engineer responsibilities include:
- Ability to build business relationship with key customer contact and TAM and enhance the trust.
- Ability to quickly identify customer issues to specific Azure Services or Azure Platform; and being able to conduct in-depth diagnostics on Azure platform and services and be able to work with Engineering group effectively.
- Respond to and resolve critical customer issues.
- Develop tools, scripts to automate troubleshooting activities and explorer diagnostic opportunity on Tenant based monitoring/alerts.
Experiences Required – Education, Key Experiences, Knowledge and Skills:
- Deep domain expertise of cloud infrastructure solutions (i.e. Windows and Linux IaaS, SAP, BCDR, Security, Management, Storage, Networking, OSS, containers and Infra as a code technologies), breadth of technical experience, and technical aptitude to learn and adjust to new technologies and cloud trends required
- Experience and understanding of large-scale infrastructure deployments in enterprise-wide environments required
- 5+ years of success in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects (where necessary, managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects) required
- Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior IT executives and growing data services in large or highly strategic accounts
- Acknowledged for driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences (Senior Executives, IT management and developers)
- Technical Degree: min of Bachelor of Computer Science or adjacent fields preferred
- Prior work experience in a Consulting/Architecture position within a software and/or services company desired
Subject Matter Expert knowledge of one or more of the following domains:
- Azure Core Platform (Compute, Storage, Networking)
- Subject Matter Expert of OS System admin (Windows, Linux), and Networking
- Data Platform: SQL, Azure DB
- Application development & debugging experience (c/c++/c#, Python, Node.JS, etc.)
- Azure Application development or support experiences with Azure PaaS services (Redis Cache, Service Bus, Event Hub, Cloud Service, IoT suite, Mobile Apps, etc.)
- Web Site troubleshooting and coding experience: IIS, Azure Web Apps, PHP, Apache, Tomcat, WordPress, etc.
- Bigdata: HDInsight/Hadoop, Machine Learning, Azure Stream Analytics
- Identity and Authentication, SSO/Federation, AD/Azure AD
US Cloud feels like a scrappy, nimble start-up, but we’re built on 20+ years as a successful Microsoft Partner. That brings financial stability and consistency of purpose not seen in most entrepreneurial organizations.
At US Cloud, we believe that the kind of office culture that provides you a challenge and an inspired outlet for creativity has a direct result on our clients’ satisfaction. So, to be the premier managed services and cloud provider, we focus on fostering a happy place for you to thrive.
Besides medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, life insurance, and disability insurance, we also provide:
- Work-from-Home and Flextime (manage your life)
- Gym membership (near your home or by the office)
- Dogs in the office (cats in the datacenter)
- All the Starbucks you can drink (until your hands start to shake)
- Free Healthy snacks (occasionally not-so-healthy snacks)
- Fun company events (work hard, play harder)
- Paid training (knowledge is power)
- Free parking (for your ride, not the Monopoly payout!)
- No morning meetings (so you can get stuff done. Right?!)