St. Louis – Infrastructure Manager
Do you consider yourself an accomplished manager of infrastructure? Do you desire to be able to work across compute, network, and storage platforms vs being pigeonholed into a single area of technology? Are you ready to work where technology is the profit center to the business and the engine driving the customer solutions vs a cost center? Do you have something to offer a team of up-and-coming IT engineers as a mentor? Do you belong in the fast lane of the burgeoning cyber security industry? US Cloud is looking for smart, interesting, and passionate people. If you thrive on challenges and are a maker, then read on.
US Cloud is seeking an experienced, high caliber Infrastructure Manager. Reporting to the VP of Technology, this position will lead the infrastructure team at US Cloud in the delivery, support, and enhancement of our core systems. The Infrastructure Manager will be responsible for colocation provider relationship management, network administration, storage platforms, virtualization platforms, and LAN management. Additionally, the Infrastructure Manager will be part of the overall Technology team providing advisory services to our customers and collaborating with the support and engineering teams on resolving customer issues.
Reports to: VP of Technology
Supervises: Network Administrator, Virtualization Engineer, LAN Admin
- Lead, directly or by delegation, all infrastructure engineering, deployment, and operations activity ensuring work is delivered on-time and on-budget per requirements
- Manage a complex IT infrastructure and operations environment providing 24x7x365 operations and high customer SLAs
- Provide input to vision on hosting strategy balancing on-premises and cloud capabilities for security, agility, and cost efficiency
- Ensure alignment of infrastructure on expectations, direction, and activities to meet internal business application and customer solution requirements
- Collaborate with US Cloud leadership in defining strategy, input, and direction for key infrastructure and operational processes based on industry trends
- Maintain documentation and inventory of infrastructure assets
- Audit and manage reporting on infrastructure assets aligned to SLAs
- Maintain maintenance and service agreements for infrastructure assets
- Maintain compliance requirements with infrastructure and associated process controls in support of industry standards such as Safe Harbor, SSAE 16, DFARS, HIPAA, etc
- Improve and grow team capabilities through recruitment, retention, training, and professional development
- Oversee ongoing maintenance and continuous improvement to policies, procedures, work methods, tools, and approaches associated with Infrastructure management
- Keep abreast on technology changes and innovations in IT regarding Infrastructure and Operations
- Ability to make timely and objective decisions under difficult circumstances
- Analytical and Communication skills to organize thoughts and ideas in a logical manner and ability to influence within and across the organization conveying information to users and leaders to inspire confidence and trust
- Participate in company training and continuous education events
- Develop and deliver training to company employees on area of expertise
- Other duties as assigned
Position Qualification Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, business or equivalent. Cisco and Microsoft certifications desirable.
10 years of experience in information technology working in server, storage, and networking roles. Applicant should have at least 5 years of experience leading and managing an infrastructure team in a multi-facility enterprise with 24×7 operations.
Skills and Abilities
- Cisco Networking
- EMC SAN
- Network and Direct Attached Storage Technologies
- Microsoft Server 2012R2 and Server 2016
- Linux (Ubuntu)
- Active Directory
- Exchange 2016
- VEEAM Backup
- Cisco Adaptive Security Appliances
- PC Image Management
- Office 365 Tenant Administration
- SolarWinds Network Monitoring
- Security Incident and Event Management
- Familiarity with Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS, and Google Compute
- Software Defined Networking
- Colocation and Hosting Facilities
Proficient at the following:
- Microsoft Office – (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Microsoft SharePoint – (Site Administration, List Creation, List Management)
- Video Conferencing Platforms – (Microsoft Skype / Cisco Webex / Citrix GoToMeeting)
Machines, Tools, Equipment and Work Aids which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position
Desktop/laptop and related software, phone, calculator, printer, copier, fax, scanner
MCSE Cloud Platform and Infrastructure
On-The-Job Training Time
60 days to become proficient with the current environment and to identify, enact, and drive change and transformation
Physical/Visual Activities or Demands
Physical/visual activities or demands that are commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Environmental and atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. Primarily normal office conditions; occasional exposure to weather conditions, dirt, dust, noise and physical hazards. The noise level is usually moderate. Position n requires approximately 5% travel.
Driving personally owned vehicles commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. It is the policy of US Cloud LC that employees who drive their personal vehicles for company purposes and who average over 250 miles per month are required to have a valid state driver’s license and carry adequate auto insurance coverage and limits determined by our insurance carrier. At a minimum, drivers must have $100,000/300,000/100,000 coverage. A copy of the employee’s insurance card and verification of proper limits will be obtained annually.
At US Cloud, we believe that the kind of office culture that provides you a challenge and an inspired outlet for creativity has a direct result on our clients’ satisfaction. So, to be the premier managed services and cloud provider, we focus on fostering a happy place for you to thrive. We’re always looking out for talented professionals to help in sales, marketing, engineering, development, and security. You can move quickly through the ranks here, or pivot into a new area of interest. You control your destiny and will make a difference each day as a team member.
Besides medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, life insurance, and disability insurance we also provide:
- All the Starbucks you can drink!
- Kindles for All – our teams love to read and learn new stuff. Everyone gets a kindle and all the free Harry Potter or coding books they want.
- Healthy snacks (and occasional donut)
- Dogs in the office (Cats in the datacenter)
- Gym membership (Near your home or by the office)
- Convertible standing desks (Watch your productivity skyrocket)
- Fun monthly events (Get to know your US Cloud teammates)
- No morning meetings (So you can get stuff done. Feels good!)
- Tuition assistance (Knowledge is power)
- Free parking (for your ride, not the Monopoly payout!)