St. Louis – Level 1 Engineer
With work and in life, it’s important to find that careful balance between being challenged and being happy. At US Cloud, we embrace our jobs as an inspired outlet for our next great idea, a place to excel, a powerhouse for our creativity. We’re excited to come to work every day.
Since 1996, CEO Rob LaMear IV has built this company around quality, imaginative workers. Engineers, Consultants, Web Developers, Sales, Customer Service, and Marketing teams are driven by a passion for their industry. All of US Cloud’s teams are located centrally under one roof in St. Louis.
Our workplace is friendly and flexible. We don’t let the atmosphere get bogged down by policies or rules. We want you to be comfortable and free to work at your highest caliber. In addition to medical, dental, matching 401K, life insurance, and a health club membership, we offer free Starbucks coffee! Our teams love to read and learn new stuff. Everyone gets a Kindle and all the free Harry Potter or coding books they want. We don’t have morning meetings and there’s fun, monthly company events.
We’re proud of the fact that we’re chasing the title for #1 Place to Work in St. Louis and we’re doing it by surrounding ourselves with outstanding people.
This is a big opportunity to break into hot Cloud and Cyber Security tech markets. Fast track your career – head straight to the front line serving global customers and learning real world cloud and security technologies. Multiple career paths available to grow into. We’re hiring smart, caring people who are passionate about technology and focused on delighting our customers by solving issues quickly. Your main requirements will involve answering client questions, assessing trouble tickets, resolving issues and always providing five-star customer service.
- Support and maintain server issues in a 24/7 environment
- Learn to support Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, Hyper –V and other cloud hosting solutions
- Security path for Cisco switch/route/firewall skills as well as endpoint, IPS/IDS, DLP, WAF, and malware protection.
- Support multiple large scale projects in a fast-paced environment
- Recommend technical solutions that enhance performance and turn technical problems into business outcomes
- Monitor and report server performance issues
- Occasional projects with other departments
- On call one week out of every six
- Remain productive in a highly flexible office environment
- 1+ year of experience in technical support
- Superior customer service skills and can do attitude
- High school degree
- Knowledge of Windows Server configuration and administration, DNS, TCP/IP, Active Directory and IIS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
At US Cloud, we believe that the kind of office culture that provides you a challenge and an inspired outlet for creativity has a direct result on our clients’ satisfaction. So, to be the premier managed cloud service provider, we focus on fostering a happy place for you to thrive. We’re always looking out for talented professionals to help in sales, marketing, engineering, development, and security. You can move quickly through the ranks here, or pivot into a new area of interest. You control your destiny and will make a difference each day as a member of our team.
Besides medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, life insurance, and disability insurance we also provide:
- Starbucks iCup Bean-Grinded Coffee Machine (and all the Starbucks you can drink)
- Kindles for all (and all the free Harry Potter or coding books you want)
- Healthy snacks (and occasional donut)
- Dogs in the office (cats in the datacenter)
- Gym membership (near your home or by the office)
- Fun monthly events (get to know your teammates)
- No morning meetings (so you can get stuff done!)
- Tuition assistance (knowledge is power)
- Free parking (to park your ride, not the payout in Monopoly)