OFFICE 365 SUPPORT ENGINEER – ST. LOUIS, MISSOURI – US CLOUD
US Cloud is looking for a highly motivated and passionate Microsoft Office 365 support engineer to join our Premier Support Team and drive high priority customer initiatives on the Microsoft Office 365 Platform. This role is customer facing and will also serve as an escalation point for Microsoft Office 365 client support tickets.
We get it. We’ve been there. You’ve gotten really good at your craft, but because of weak leadership, bureaucracy, politics, workload…it’s tough to make a dent. Lost in the noise. Underappreciated.
It’s why most of us came to US Cloud – for the chance to make a substantial, noticeable (and noticed) impact. And because the fun, irreverent culture of taking on an industry heavyweight feeds into our disruptive personalities.
So, if you are really, really good at what you do and want that to matter more, read on…
Our simple mission is to liberate businesses shackled to mediocre, overpriced, and monopolistic Microsoft Support. For over two decades Fpweb.net, CyberVault, and now US Cloud have supported 1,000’s of Microsoft clients in over 80 countries.
Clients like NASA, Cirque Du Soleil, CenturyLink, Bayer, and the US State Department depend on us to underpin their Microsoft environments and keep them running. In other words, when the Help Desk needs help, we’re the ones answering the red phone.
With recent and dramatic changes in Microsoft’s strategy, the demand for high-quality, cost-effective 3rd-party product support has erupted. Like, Mentos & Diet Coke erupted. Simply put, we need more hands on deck to help manage our current growth and to make the most of this intensifying trend.
As a Premier Support Engineer for Office 365, your focus will be to will represent US Cloud in communications via onsite, phone, email, and web to assist customers and partners in deploying, operating and troubleshooting Microsoft 365 – which includes Microsoft Windows 10, Office 365, and the Enterprise Mobility and Security (EM+S) suite. You will have the opportunity to foster positive customer relationships while effectively managing challenging situations and driving customer success.
Your key business metrics will be to:
- Obtain high customer and partner onboarding and ticket satisfaction
- Drive customer success and adoption of Microsoft technologies
- Reduce time/cost to onboard and resolve tickets
- Provide high quality data to help drive service improvement
Support Management – 50%
- Serve as an escalation point for customer tickets related to Office 365.
- Participate in proactive account management, spot performance issues, analyze problems, develop solutions to meet customer needs, represent them.
- Provides the most effective method of service delivery by analyzing trends and common themes across customers.
- Create deliverables to address common Premier customer needs & support mobile-first, cloud-first strategy, share intellectual property with others.
- Engages in strategic service delivery planning to strengthen targeted customer relationships.
- Gathers customer impressions of products and services and integrates this feedback into decision making.
- Seeks information about the underlying needs of customers.
- Allocates and aligns resources to optimize the customer experience.
- Develops and communicates realistic performance goals and standards.
- Builds plans that consider potential obstacles and immediate and long-term consequences.
- Demonstrates expertise in a specific solution, or several products, feature functions, or services.
- Provides stakeholder assistance throughout deployment to avoid/resolve technical issues.
Support Execution – Deliver Results through Teamwork & Optimizing Business Results – 35%
- Seeks opportunities to drive business results by collaborating with multiple team members.
- Identifies opportunities to articulate business value and grow customer/partner relationships in alignment with US Cloud business priorities.
- Provides and drives actionable feedback across groups about the customer/partner experience and competitor threats.
- Modifies existing intellectual property (IP) or, where applicable, creates new content.
Leadership and Growing the Business – 15%
- Consistently apply “lessons learned”, model personal accountability & teamwork.
- Demonstrates an understanding of his or her role and contribution to customer change management and adoption initiatives.
- Understands customer requirements and can map the adoption and optimization of Microsoft technology solutions accordingly.
- Contribute & participate with meetings to articulate Premier offerings to all customers; share knowledge thru communities, adapt for customers.
- Cultivates relationships, credibility, and loyalty with customers and partners intentionally by sharing relevant business expertise.
- Demonstrated Self Learner.
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
- Relevant certifications in Office 365 and Microsoft 365.
- 3 Years Experience: in systems development, network operations, software support, IT consulting
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S./B.A.) in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- Technical proficiency in and learning attitude toward Microsoft 365, Active Directory, and related technologies.
- Experience in Active Directory, DNS, Windows Server, and Azure AD
- Cloud competency: Experience articulating to customers why the cloud and Windows 10, Office 365, and EM+S is a transformational industry change.
- Product & Technology Expertise in the application of Collaboration and Communication Platforms Skype for Business Online, Microsoft Teams, and Exchange Online in enterprise environments to drive end user productivity.
- Proven ability to work virtually.
- Communication Skills – Spoken and written English (including technical writing).
- Analytical Problem Solving
- Building Customer/Partner Relationships
- Value Selling
- Solid experience/knowledge of SharePoint Online, SharePoint 2019/2016/2013, and SharePoint 2010 preferred
- Solid understanding of the Microsoft Windows platform.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or equivalent’s experience.
Experience: Technical Consulting experience, or Support experience in a second or third tier role.
US Cloud feels like a scrappy, nimble start-up, but we’re built on 20+ years as a successful Microsoft Partner. That brings financial stability and consistency of purpose not seen in most entrepreneurial organizations.
At US Cloud, we believe that the kind of office culture that provides you a challenge and an inspired outlet for creativity has a direct result on our clients’ satisfaction. So, to be the premier managed services and cloud provider, we focus on fostering a happy place for you to thrive.
Besides medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, life insurance, and disability insurance, we also provide:
- Work-from-Home and Flextime (manage your life)
- Gym membership (near your home or by the office)
- Dogs in the office (cats in the datacenter)
- All the Starbucks you can drink (until your hands start to shake)
- Free Healthy snacks (occasionally not-so-healthy snacks)
- Fun company events (work hard, play harder)
- Paid training (knowledge is power)
- Free parking (for your ride, not the Monopoly payout!)
- No morning meetings (so you can get stuff done. Right?!)