Azure Government Cloud Support provides 24/7/365 advanced support for compute and analytics capabilities to help US National Security customers achieve more visibility, move faster, and make more informed decisions.
This means greater intelligence at the edge, unified security (from data center to help desk) to protect the nation’s data, and the ability to support secure remote collaboration for analysts and tactical teams working around the world from portal.azure.us.
Extend US sovereignty beyond Azure Government data centers to Azure Gov Premier/Unified support tickets. US Support Sovereignty greatly reduces the risk of data exfiltration, ransomware and espionage by assuring no foreign nationals lurk in the help desk ecosystem with access to Government sensitive data or systems.
Unlike Microsoft, US Cloud “support sovereignty” guarantees a US citizen provides support 24/7/365, not just during business hours of the work week. Government missions rely on the Azure Gov Cloud for 24/7 availability. How would your mission stakeholders and compliance officer feel about a support ticket being handled overseas during off-hours or weekends?
As of October 18, 2017 the Azure Government support model has changed: after hours support for Azure technologies might be provided outside of US.
-Source: Microsoft Azure Government Support Options footnote #5
Azure Government Cloud Support provides Unified Security from the Azure gov data centers to the encrypted support tickets. Azure Gov provides a secure and compliant cloud for US government only. Azure Gov data centers are operated by screened US persons and are physically isolated data centers – they do not connect with Azure Commercial data centers.
Unified Compliance is assured with all Azure Government data and encrypted support tickets, staying in the US. Support Compliance is assured with all Azure Gov Support centers located in the US, manned by US citizens, all data encrypted in transit and at rest, and ITAR, CMMC Level 3, NIST 800-171, and DFARS 7012 compliance.
Federal, state and local governments rely on Azure Government Cloud to keep their data secure and available. They are also rely on being able to quickly reach technical experts when there is an issue. Initial Response Time (IRT) for Azure Gov Support is important to mission success.
At US Cloud, all Azure Gov Cloud tickets, no matter the severity, have an IRT of 15 minutes or less, 24x7x365, with a financially backed SLA. Microsoft posted IRT for Premier Support for Azure Gov is 60 minutes and only for critical issues (severity A). This is a “guideline” and not an SLA with service failure penalties. Severity B and C issues have a 2-hour IRT from MSFT during business hours. Given the Microsoft IRT business hours only 35% coverage, it begs the question of what sort of IRT should an Azure Government support client expect the other 65% of the week?
For the United States, MSFT defined business hours are 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM Pacific time, Monday through Friday excluding holidays.
-Source: Microsoft Azure Government Support Options footnote #2
24×7 support for Azure Government Cloud extends your security and compliance with all rigorously screened US citizen support engineers. Preserve budgets with 30% to 50% savings and use the cost savings to modernize and invest in new technologies to move your mission forward. Explore Azure Gov vs Commercial.